10 reasons why you should adopt a pet
Are you thinking of having a puppy that wags its tail and runs happily towards you with each of your calls? Or are you thinking of having that cute little fur ball called a kitten playfully running around your house? Thinking of going to the nearest pet store to buy one? Stop your search for pets right away and think, “Why should I spend my money buying a pet when I have the option to adopt one?”
Makes sense right?
Well, as you will see, in addition to saving money, adopting a pet has many other advantages.
1. As mentioned above, pets for adoption generally cost less than those available for sale in pet stores.
2. It is possible that a pet available for adoption has already been trained to respond to basic commands such as come, sit, go, etc., thus reducing the hassle of training it from scratch.
3. Pets available for sale in pet stores are raised for the purpose of selling, with profit in mind rather than the health of the pets and therefore are often ill and have behavioral problems. Pets for adoption are not raised for commercial purposes. They are available for adoption because their previous owners had to give them up due to certain unfortunate reasons for which the animals are not responsible. Since they had an owner who cared for them before they were available for adoption, they are generally healthy and well behaved.
4. Pets for adoption come in all sizes, ages, breeds, and colors, so you have a wider variety to choose from.
5. Most pet store owners keep animals in horrible conditions and elderly females are treated like breeding machines. They have no genuine concern for these animals. Without buying from them, you can feel self-righteous since you haven’t given them a penny.
6. Most of the older animals available as pets for adoption have already been vaccinated. Therefore, you do not have to burden yourself with the additional task of vaccinating them.
7. By adopting a pet, you are not only giving it a home, but you are also helping to provide shelter for another homeless animal to be fostered, rather than the animal you have adopted.
8. Keeping an animal as a pet has been found to be psychologically and emotionally beneficial to your companions. Not only this. The feeling that you’ve saved an animal by adopting it also gives you self-satisfaction and makes you proud of yourself.
9. When you adopt a pet from a pet shelter, you are informed in advance about what you should and should not do so that you are aware of what it loves and what causes it.
10. Finally, you can boast in your social circles that you have adopted a pet!
Now that you are convinced of the benefits of adopting a pet, do an internet search for pets and find out the nearest pet shelter where you can adopt your pet.
Pets are a blessing to humans. They act like great companions and great friends. So give them the love and care they deserve.