Fat Free Tea Cheesecakes – Your Healthy Alternative to Cheesecake Desserts
Cheesecakes are not exactly known as healthy snacks. Sugar, cream cheese, and whipped cream are three of the main ingredients, not exactly healthy in and of themselves. But here are two cheesecake recipes that won’t completely ruin that new diet you’re following. The first two are tasty, and the flavor comes from the tea. The third recipe is a standard low-fat cheesecake. All three are healthier than your usual cheesecake. This was made for those looking for a dessert, but limited by diet and other health reasons. We hope you enjoy the cheesecakes and that you can share the recipes with your friends and family.
Chai Tea Latte Cheesecake
6 Chai Spice tea bags for the flavor of the cheesecake.
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of water
2 8-oz containers fat-free cream cheese, softened
1 6 oz or 9 inch graham cracker pie crust.
First step, you will want to put the six Chai Spice tea bags in a cup with 1/2 cup of boiling water. Let it sit for a full 5 minutes. Then, in a large bowl, combine the Chai tea concentrate, cream cheese, and sugar. Then beat well with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and mix again until smooth. Pour the final mixture into the base and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Chill in the refrigerator for about 3 hours or overnight.
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 tablespoon of powdered green tea
* 2 beaten eggs
* 1 (9-inch) prepared graham cracker pie crust
* 2 containers (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Second, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until completely mixed and smooth. Next, mix in the green tea powder, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. After it is well mixed, stop the content in the prepared crust.
Third, bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes. A good way to tell if the cheesecake is done is that the center will move evenly when the cake is lightly shaken. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Low in fat
Not a fan of tea? Here’s a recipe for a standard low-fat cheesecake.
* 1 package (16 ounces) cottage cheese
* 2 egg yolks, beaten
* 3/4 cup milk
* 1/2 cup of white sugar
* 1 pinch of salt
* 2 sachets of unflavored gelatin (.25 ounces)
* 1/2 cup of boiling water
* 1/8 cup lemon juice
* 2 egg whites
* 1 (9-inch) prepared graham cracker crust
1. Pass the cottage cheese through a strainer, or pulse until creamy in a food processor or blender; set aside
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the egg yolks, milk, sugar, and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens; Remove from heat. In a small bowl, dissolve the gelatin in water. Stir in the custard mixture. Add the cottage cheese to the cream and lemon juice.
3. In a large glass or metal bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add the whites to the cheese mixture. To fill the crust of graham crackers. Chill for several hours in the refrigerator before serving.
And there you have it. 3 recipes that are sure to solve your cheesecake cravings, without as many negatives as most desserts. Serve them at a party, club, or just make one yourself at home. You will surely enjoy them.