negative calorie food list
You’ll find a list of negative calorie foods below, but first let’s consider what this means. There is no such thing as a negative calorie: a calorie is a unit of heat and cannot be negative. So when people talk about negative calorie foods, this is just referring to a food whose calorie level is low enough to consume more energy than it contains to eat and digest it.
For example, if you consider water to be a food, then cold water is definitely a negative calorie food. It contains no calories at all and the body has to expend energy to bring it up to blood temperature. So every time we drink a glass of cold water we burn a couple of calories and lose a bit of weight. But there are very few foods like this. Most of the foods on the list don’t really use more calories than they add, or if they do the effect is negligible…until you remember that at the same time the body expends energy just to stay alive and breathing. Celery, for example, doesn’t give us enough calories to cover both the energy needed to digest it and the energy we expend even when we’re not doing anything. That’s why people call it a negative calorie food.
Negative calorie foods are more appealing to anorexics. A negative calorie diet would obviously result in long-term starvation, and nutritional deficiencies can occur surprisingly quickly. Calories burned generally come from muscle mass and the result is weakness and wasting.
A healthier way to use a negative calorie diet is as a form of fasting or detoxification. It’s something you can do for one to three days right after the holiday season or at another time when you’ve been eating too rich a diet. As long as you are healthy, it can be a great way to cleanse your system. However, it is best to consult a doctor before trying it.
If you decide to use a negative calorie detox, keep the following points in mind:
1. It is never a good idea to eat large amounts of one type of food, especially fruit. Many foods contain substances that can be harmful if eaten in excess. For example, the acid in grapefruit and pineapple can damage the lining of the stomach. Other foods put an undue load on the liver or can cause diarrhea. So try to use all the different foods in small amounts.
2. Don’t spend all day eating. He will just swell up and feel sick. If you’re only doing this for a couple of days, you shouldn’t feel too hungry. Plan four or five salad meals each day and let your digestion rest at other times.
3. You will feel more satisfied if you eat slowly and chew your food well. You’ll also use more calories that way. So if the food can be eaten raw, that will be more effective than cooking it. Foods like carrots and beets will also be more satisfying if you eat them grated.
4. Schedule time when you don’t have any important commitments. As with fasting or any type of detox, you may experience some uncomfortable symptoms, including headaches, tiredness, depression, and irritability. If these become severe, discontinue the diet and see a doctor.
5. When the detox is over, plan for a gradual return to normal eating.
If all the above points are checked and passed, let’s move on to the list of foods.
* Celery stalk
* Celery root
* garden cress
* Pink grapefruit
* Green beans
* Green cabbage
* Canon leaves
Use the above list of negative calorie foods wisely.